Friday, October 5, 2007

'The Biker Angel' An amazing story from Anne Marie

I had a truly incredible experience on the way home from Mary Anne's service on Wednesday.

During the service, we all listened to the wonderful things said and waited to see the eagle arrive that we knew would be Mary Anne's spirit come to join us in her Celebration of Life. We were not disappointed. An eagle came and perched on the pole in the lake in front of the window. We all saw it and gave thanks.

After the service, Boomer and I left the Pavilion on our motorcycles together. We stopped for the red light at the intersection of Sprott and Kensington. We waved at the occupants of the Barracuda in front of us, revving our engines loudly for Mary Anne. Boomer was turning left, heading for Highway 1 East and home. I decided to head straight down Sprott to Highway 1 West and to the ferry terminal, also on my way home. The light turned green. We saluted each other, bumped knuckles and headed off.

At the same instant as I entered the intersection, a black 5 ton truck pulled up to the red light and proceeded to turn right without stopping - right into my lane as I was accelerating. There was nothing I could do, the road was wet and I could not hit the brakes without losing control. Right at that moment, the driver of the truck looked and saw me. He had a horrified look on his face and he knew he was going to hit me.

Dare I say that Mary Anne took over the bike and rode me past this fellow's bumper with no problem? Did she take control of his truck and stop it before it could hit me? Did she place her spirit in between our two vehicles and buffer them past each other? I don't know.

What I do know is that as I turned off Sprott and onto the Highway, an eagle was flying in a direct line in front of me.

It could only have been Mary Anne.

Anne Marie

No comments: