Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A ride for you......

Hey Mary Anne,

You know when we call each other? When we're feeling down, mixed up, in a funk, and we just decide to go for a ride, wherever the road might take us? Well, yesterday, I did just that, and I took you with me too. At 1:00 o'clock in the afternoon, I walked away from my desk at work, got on my bike, and rode like the wind all the way to Cache Creek, and then the back way down through Lillooet, Whistler and finally back home. A twelve hour round trip. But what a ride! The highway up through Fraser Canyon was empty, it was hot and sunny, and the water buffalo was just flying down the highway. It was sublime, and your big crazy smile was shining along with me every moment. And you know, I went way too fast a few times, just to keep up to you Mary Anne, 'cause it's the only way.

Riding high, high as a kite, smiling, living, loving, riding, and riding, and riding. Ride on biker Angel, ride on!

No comments: