Sunday, September 30, 2007

A message of Love from Mary Anne's cousin Penny

I am Mary Anne's cousin Penny, the only family member besides her girls that Mary Anne had out here in BC, and she was the only family I had here also. Although we didn't see each other a lot in the past years since she moved from Mission to the city, we were always with each other in spirit.

When I first moved out here from Ontario, Mary Anne was living in Mission and she got me a job at a bank and found me a place to live with some mutual friends so I would move to Mission from Chilliwack to be closer to her. We had a lot of good times & bad times together and I loved her like my sister. Our fathers were brothers and died in the same year. Before she got sober, she fought her demons daily, but she conquered them and I have always admired her for her courage and
perseverance.

I was at the hospital the night before Mary Anne passed as was Betty Boop, Amy & Ginger and I am so glad I got to see her again, hold her hand and have a last talk & laugh with her.

She will always be in my heart and I will see her big smile and hear her vivacious laugh all the rest of my life.

Thank you all for doing this awesome site to honor Mary Anne and for having the celebration of her life. I will be there and hope to meet everyone that had such beautiful things to say about a beautiful lady!

No comments: